Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bead Show Tour

Well, that was fun! I've been looking forward to this for weeks. There were a few things I was going to order online at Rings & Things but I figured since I was going, I would wait and see if I could find what I needed at the show.

The show started at 1pm. I arrived at about ten past. I met a nice lady named Michelle in the parking lot and we went in together.
When you walk in, you are greeted by smiling employees that hand you a tray and explain the pricing, then you are let loose in a large room with I would guess about 36 or more tables that are a good 6 feet in length each. Now mind you I am guessing, but there were 5 - 6 rows down and 4 - 5 rows across. They had the precious and semi-precious stones around the outsides and the yummy 50% plus an additional 15% off tables in the center.

I walked across the back row somewhat quickly, looking but just that. I headed for the metal tables first, since that was what I was primarily there for. There was half a table of silver chain, I must have spent a good ten minutes pulling rolls of chain and putting them in my tray. Rings & Things was nice enough to have a chart with the item numbers and a piece of chain, so you could feel and get a good idea of what was on the roll.

I picked out three rolls:
This one
This one
and
This one



I also got some lobster claw clasps and some crimp tubes with loops.



All of the metal I got was the same price as the catalog and website, but I didn't have to pay shipping and it was exactly what I wanted and needed.

Then I moved on to the rest of the show.

There was a table of pre-made bracelets that were nice and under $5 each. I got 4, hope my Mom will take one or two off my hands, but either way, a good deal.



I'm not sure what these are, maybe stone, maybe glass, but they were pretty and $2 a strand.



I also purchased a few other strands... I just couldn't resist.

I got a strand of tiny flat rectangle Peridot, a strand of cube rectangle Red Aventurine and my favorite, a strand of 6mm cube Natural Agate. Green and Orange, shocker!




And last but certainly not least, (Thanks Dave!!!)



I'm thinking of hanging him in my rear view mirror, but not sure yet, either way, I LOVE him!

All in all, best bead show in Massachusetts! I will be going the next time they are around, hopefully with more money!

4 comments:

  1. - Nice reporting there, Jenn...and quick work too...I feel like I was there with you! That chain is great stuff, glad we could bring some out to the show this time. And the Russ bead, well you know, we've got a Flickr album showing sightings of him. Wherever you catch the rascal, show us a pic :)

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such fun! we have a place that opens just randomly once or twice a month full of great beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) So what did you wind up doing with your "Russ" bead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn,

    Congrats! I'm letting you know via your blog...you're one of our August drawing winners! You get a Blog Partners "goodie pack". Would you let me know your postal address, so I can send this good stuff to you? (Email me, or privately message me in Twitter or Facebook.)

    Cheers!

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete