Monday, September 13, 2010

Stumped by the Punk: part one

All afternoon I was trying to guess what might be in that box! Are they crystals, will it be findings, or tools? I was hoping it was something new for me to try.
I was so excited to come home and open my Blog Partner box from Rings & Things, I was also excited to hear that it was a box and not just a little envelope. I tore that box open, like it was the last night of Hanukkah (Christmas morning, for you gentiles).

Then came a word that I've seen, I've heard but I had never considered: Steampunk.
I know it's huge right now, but honestly I'm not sure I even know what it actually means. At first I was a little disappointed, but then I started thinking. I asked for something new and well, that's exactly what I got.



So Here you go, this is what was in the package. Not sure what I'm going to do with them now, but I'm sure I'll come up with something! Any and all suggestions welcome!
Oh, and you'll be the first to know when I do.

3 comments:

  1. I *love* the whole steampunk aesthetic but I have no idea what it's all about and I'm afraid it would require I listen to music I don't like...I'm excited to see what you do with this stuff tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,

    LOL, here's a link that will show you the range of what's considered "steampunk" jewelry components: http://bit.ly/cdu8EV

    And here's a link to show you a selection of articles in our website that talk about steampunk: http://bit.ly/94BkQ6

    I should also point you to our Design Gallery (www.rings-things.com/gallery), where you can search for the word steampunk and see lots of inspirations!

    Enjoy!

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting on my box to arrive - over in Canada - and oooh... steampunk. I see some antiquing in my future.

    ReplyDelete